- 1 star anise
- 1 small piece of ginger
- 2 spring onions
- A few Sichuan peppercorns
- 1 chilli
- 20ml sunflower oil
- 12 large chicken feet, washed, yellow skin removed, claws trimmed off, drained
- 5ml salt
- 15ml dark soya sauce
- Dash of sesame oil
- Simmer star anise, ginger, spring onion, Sichuan peppercorns and chilli in oil until fragrant.
- Stir in chicken feet, salt and soya sauce.
- Over medium heat, add enough water to cover the chicken feet halfway, stir and bring the liquid to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, close the lid and continue simmering for 15 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Open the lid, turn up heat, reduce the residual liquid and drizzle over the sesame oil.
- Remove the chicken feet and spread them out to cool.
Chicken feet are highly gelatinous – if you pile them together while hot, they will stick
together like glue.