A MUST FOR ALL JOBURG BOOK LOVERS THIS SPRING
2019 South African Book Fair tickets now on sale
Tickets available here: webtickets
This year’s South African Book Fair takes place within the Constitution Hill
precinct and has something for everyone – from families to bibliophiles,
from those looking for insights into topical issues to foodies, and so much
more. Make a date for 6 – 8 September to be part of telling #OURSTORIES.
● General admission – R10
● Single Day Pass – R100
● Two-Day Weekend Pass – R150
● Programme sessions – R40
● Children under 16 are free for daily admission (not including
We recommend you pre-booked programme sessions via Webtickets to
avoid disappointment. Tickets will also be on sale at the door.
● Smart Shopper – 10%
● Book Clubs – 20%. To take advantage of this 20% discount, book club
members will need to purchase 10 or more tickets for their book club or
● Write Your Story workshop, facilitated by well-known writer and
publisher Melinda Ferguson (Saturday at 10h00).
● Melusi’s Everyday Zulu, a short Zulu crash course hosted by social
media star, Melusi Tshabalala (Sunday at 10h00).
● Constitution Hill Tour with Poetry hosted by Dr. Gcina Mhlope and
Tshepo Molefe on Saturday between 13h00 – 15h30.
● Underground Booksellers Tour, hosted by Griffin Shea, the owner of
independent bookshop Bridge Books, on Saturday between 10h00 – 12h30.
These workshops and tours are all at the low price of R40 each. As capacity
is limited for all of these events, pre-booking is essential.
This year sees the inclusion of a R20 #BUYABOOK option on all ticket
purchases. In a country where six in 10 people are still living in ‘book-
scarce’ households, this is an easy way for book lovers to play a role in
South African Book Fair’s overall mission to locate books and reading in the
lives of as many South Africans as possible.
Tickets – Webtickets